What IS Laughter Yoga?
1. It is an activity where anyone can laugh without the need for jokes, comedy, or even a sense of humor!
2. Laughter Yoga is based on the principle of "motion creates emotion," where the body cannot tell the difference between simulated and genuine laughter! Another way to think of it is "We fake it until we make it!"
3. It is called Laughter Yoga because we combine these laughter exercises with deep yogic breathing. This combination gives us more oxygen, which provides a mood and energy boost!
4. Laughter Yoga is done as a group activity, where we promote childlike playfulness and make eye contact, so the laughter is contagious!
5. Laughter Yoga was started in a Mumbai park in 1995 by Dr. Madan Kataria, in collaboration with his wife Madhuri. It began with only 5 people, and there are now 1,000's of Laughter Clubs around the world!